feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Two Days in the Alps

Tags: , , ,

I will be off for the next few days on adventures. Today (Monday) through Wednesday afternoon I will be in Wengen, Switzerland. We are staying in a small mountain village that is accessible only by train (no cars allowed!). Hopefully I will get a chance to sample some mountain fondue, and chance marmots around. This is supposed to be one of the most scenic areas as it is home to the Jungfrau (Maiden), Mönch (Monk), and Eiger (Ogre) Mountains. I don't think this is where Shrek was filmed but I'll keep my eyes on full alert.

We are traveling via train which is ,supposed to extremely scenic. The train is called the Golden Pass and it provides panaromic views of the entire journey (which starts down by the Eastern edge of Lake Geneva and winds it's way up through the Swiss Alps to Interlaken, about three hours, where we will then switch to local trains to complete the journey). I will be with our friends Kim and Andy (separate rooms of course) so I will probably be up late at night as they are night owls. Nearby to this town are the cities of Grindelwald (residence of Richard Wagner according to the infallible Internet) and Interlaken.

I hope to snap some great photos to share with you all...Enjoy working hard America!

0 comments:

Post a Comment