feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

My favorite pictures I have taken so far

Tags:

I thought I would put a couple photos I have snapped on here to give you a sense of some of the things I find interesting. They may not be as interesting to you, nor may they be perfect in a photographic sense...but to me, they are cool and capture (in my mind anyway) the way I was feeling (or the environment felt) when I took the picture. (I've also compressed the photos because I don't want them to take forever to load). Click on the images themselves for an enlarged version.

This first picture is from Watford, England at The Grove hotel where Alli and I stayed for one evening. While Alli was away at work I was busy walking around the grounds and then off to Costco. This picture is cool as it is from a stainless steel "tree" that was on the grounds. I tried to get a picture that captures the color of the sky and the reflection of the surroundings off of the globes.


The second picture is from London, England on the Blackfriars Bridge at night. I thought the way the various buildings were lit up was pretty cool, plus you have the London Eye dressed in purple. It was tough to get a really clear picture because I had left my tripod in the hotel room, but I was able to get this picture by resting the camera on the bridge's railing while Alli made sure to let me know what would happen if I dropped the camera into the River Thames.


The third picture is from the Cascades d'Herisson, a series of waterfalls in France just West (and a little North) of where we live. I've decided that it's pretty much impossible to take a bad picture of a waterfall, but it can be tricky to take a great picture of one. This waterfall drops about 60m at this point (200 ft). I like this one because you can just see the rainbow, but it also gives a sense of the height as the waterfall disappears into the valley below.


The fourth picture is from Lausanne, near the cathedral on the bridge looking down. I just think the different colors of the buildings, combined with the various lines they draw make for an interesting photograph. They almost look like little model houses.


The fifth picture is from the Muckross House in Killarney (or near it anyway). This house had at least a dozen chimneys, and each chimney probably average three pipes which makes for a lot of fireplaces (I think they said on the tour there was something like 90 rooms in the place). Anyway, this picture reminds me of the cool air but warm sun, and I can almost feel the different textures of the old stone.


I'll try and do this from time to time if people enjoy it. I am obviously not as gifted as my father at photography, but if you take enough pictures eventually you'll have one or two that turn out (even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while...). Plus, digital cameras allow you to take as many as you want and then you can just delete the bad ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment