feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Spending the Day in Normandy

Tags:

I am in Normandy today walking the D-Day beaches. I am sure it will be a moving and somber experience. As Alli is still in the United States, I decided that this would be a good time for me to go visit as I will be able to linger as long as I'd like...I have the sense that I will be overwhelmed with emotion for the many hundreds of thousands of men and women who gave their lives so many years ago.

As much as we have reminders of the devastation of terrorism in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C., and evidence of natural disasters all around our great Nation, it remains ever important that we remember the sacrifice that many sons and daughters made on the shores and hills of foreign lands. I hope that Americans continue to remember and honor the nearly 418,500 American lives lost during World War II, just as the nation vows to continue her fight to secure freedom for all nations. The numbers may not carry in the minds of those generations long removed, but the sacrifice and honor brought forth are sure to carry within our spirit for as long as the United States represents freedom and democracy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment