feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Dogs of the Jungfrau

Tags: , , ,

This guy was awesome. I have always wanted to see a St. Bernard with a cask of brandy around his neck, now I have...I am not sure how much he weighed, but it was certainly more than me. I didn't get a chance to stand by him but I would guess him to be around 30 inches tall at the shoulder and somewhere slightly more than 200 pounds.



The second dog I saw was a North Greenland Nordic dog. They use them for all sorts of sled pulling activities. There were about 20 - 30 of them but they were all sleeping, so I don't have any action shots. They basically look like a husky but are slightly different in appearance (although I couldn't really tell the difference other than the coloring). It would have been cool to see them pull a sled, but that will have to wait for my next visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment