feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Great Weather Again

Tags: , ,

I again embarked on my quest to have a better tan than George Hamilton by taking another long bike ride (arms, legs, and face are great....unfortunately I also have the world's best farmer tan, oh well). Today I wandered towards Alli's work and then down by the lake. I must have circled Medtronic at least two or three times before the security became suspicious and made me leave (just kidding, that didn't really happen). I forgot to pack a water bottle so I was forced to forage for nourishment in countryside.

In every little town around here are public wells that in some cases date back to the early 19th century (I am sure the springs themselves are much older than that, just the masonry has changed). Much to my chagrin once I realized that I was a wee bit parched every well I came across was label "Eau Non Potable" (French for "Cow's Bath Water"). Undaunted I pressed on until I found myself in a grove of apple trees. I was lucky to 'find' a couple of apples that nobody seemed to be using (judging by the number of apples on the ground and size of the specimens still clinging to the trees, I didn't seem to think anyone would miss these two).

They weren't the tastiest apples (pommes) on the planet but they were juicy enough to refuel my reserves for the ride home. In somewhat unrelated news (loosely related because if I actually had a job I couldn't have such wonderful biking adventures) I also applied for two jobs in the past week, one with Medtronic which they basically told me I was extremely overqualified for (which wasn't a surprise as it was mostly an administrative assistant job without the lipstick), and the other with Nestle (in their operations strategy group). This position would actually be something I am qualified for but we shall see if they feel the same way. I can't say it's easy finding jobs to apply for around here, and there is definitely a bit of reluctance on my part as I am still not sure I want to be here for the long term (i.e. more than a year). However, should we decide to stay I will have to derive some income lest Alli trade me in for some French speaking Duke from Anjou.

0 comments:

Post a Comment