feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

We Met Ratatouille this Evening

Tags: , , ,

After a long day, Alli and I like to unwind by taking a nice stroll down by the lake or by riding our bikes through the hills of Lausanne. Tonight, we took some leftover bread with us to feed the ducks. It took a while to find a good spot but when we did we were able to feed four wood ducks and a beautiful swan. The spot was on a jetty in the harbor, and it was a picturesque evening on the lake. During the feeding of the ducks and swan, we kept hearing a weird screeching noise emanating from somewhere either under or near the large boulders where we were sitting; I just thought it was the ducks squealing with delight at the two day old baguette upon which they were feasting.

A short while after the ducks swam away (such finicky creatures, they didn't even say thanks), we kept hearing the noise but it was getting closer and closer (thus, it wasn't the ducks). As I kept my focus on the serene lake, I heard Alli make a horrendous sound that probably caused temporary hearing loss...I wasn't sure what was going on but I figured it couldn't be good as I turned to see Alli running away yelling to me to get up and go.

I thought maybe a little spider or something as that tends to be what gets Alli excited; unfortunately it was a rodent about the size of a chihuahua (I am not exaggerating). Of course I didn't get a picture, but I am sure you can ask Alli about it sometime.

2 comments:
gravatar
Anne said...
August 6, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

Are you sure you don't want it as a pet? Everything here is either a "pet" or a dish under "Chef recommendations" :)

gravatar
Mark said...
August 6, 2008 at 6:36 AM  

I think we'll pass. Alli is only allowing pork, chicken, fish, and beef. Rat doesn't count as any of the above.

Post a Comment