feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Wife has Arrived...

Tags: , ,

Well, I managed to survive the boss coming home the first day...it was a tough experience given all that we have had to go through to get here, but I think we'll be ok. If nothing else, we'll go to IKEA tomorrow and do some shopping (new linens, mattress covers, new mattresses, kitchen items, etc.). The apartment in spite of it's flaws, is not all that bad. I think this is just going to be one of hte biggest adjustments of being an American in a foreign country. Transitioning from a house to an apartment is tough as it is, but throwing in the nuance of making it a Swiss apartment only serves to compound the issue.

I think in the end we will definitely gain an appreciation for the house we have, and the things we own. God is very creative when He chooses to humble you in ways to make you realize that you are only a steward of the gifts He has given you. Regardless of what we have or don't, our marriage is strong and I know (as does Alli) that at the end of the day as long as we can still kiss each other good night and pray to the same Heavenly Father than all will be ok.

I thankfully got to eat again today, so you won't be seeing me on a Sally Struthers telethon anytime soon. I am sleepy now, enjoy the rest of your day America.

1 comments:
gravatar
Anne said...
July 16, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

Mark & Allison,

Funny stuff! I can't wait to read more. Mark - you'll have to give Bill some tips on making sure I stay happy. I have a feeling he'll neglect his spousely duties by playing mah-jong everyday.

We have German appliances here too! The combo washer/ dryer is really just a washer with a spin cycle that will stretch your shirts so much you think a 3rd armhole appeared.

:) Anne

Post a Comment