feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

What Kind of Day Are You Having?

Tags: , , , ,

As you can see from the picture at right, it's one of those days. I hopped onto my bike for a ride (I wanted to feed the ducks and swans in the lake some old bread that wasn't fit for the queen's consumption) and noticed something funny about my bike (no, it isn't that my butt feels like it has a shoe wedged between my butt-bones, that's normal). Remembering some old tricks from my days as a stunt double for MacGyver (I had to wear a wig because I refused to grow a mullet) I proceeded down to the lake where there's a fountain that the little kids play in (don't worry, I was upstream from the warm areas).

I put the tire in the water (of course it was clean), and slowly turned it in the water looking for drowning gremlins jumping out a hole. Voila! (that's a French word, I think it's a wooden instrument with strings)...bubbles! Me thinks I have a hole in my tire. Sure enough, there was a large thorn sticking out of the tire, most likely from my off-roading adventure near the flash flood zone (I wish there was a warning sign for flat bike tires).

So I am now going out (on foot, I wouldn't be caught dead riding a girl's bike; at least not without my man capris, man purse, and little pink basket on the front with streamers on the handlebars) to try and find a repair kit as I don't want to purchase a new tube (when you are unemployed, err, on sabbatical you try to remain as frugal as possible... which is really nothing new for me).

On the plus side it's beautiful outside so I am going to take off my watch and hope the sun gives my wrist a little tanning action...I just need to finish my beer and bretzel (it's bread, it's pretzel flavored...it's a bretzel!) first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment