feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Apartment Update

Tags:

Yesterday was eventful, in addition to the sun coming up (I often wonder if it will some days) I was able to see the outside of the potential new apartment. We have received positive descriptions from a co-worker of Alli's that lives in the apartment directly below (she has seen both). It is in a much quieter area of Lausanne, there is a community pool/skating rink (they freeze the pool in the winter) across the street, and in general there is nothing obviously obnoxious about the place. Alli and I will be headed there this afternoon around 2pm (Europe time) to inspect it and if we like it, move in immediately. I am busy packing up our bags, books, skis, bikes, etc. so that I can minimize the trips that I will take back and forth from the current disco lounge, er apartment, to the new one should it pass the test.

One good note is that we now have electricity in the current apartment. When we first moved in, half of the apartment didn't have electricity...the electrician (I shall call him Guiseppe, as that is what I pretended his name was...I feel like I saw him on a Sopranos episode) that was called in said there was a very huge problem that needed immediate attention. The situation was very dangerous (at least that's what he said) and indicated that the repairs would easily top $2000. Well, yesterday a "city inspector" (I shall call him Tony because he looked like a troubled youth that escapes the problems of his life by dancing the night away at a local discotheque) came over and in about 30 minutes "solved the problem" and now there is electricity. I'll let you draw your own conclusions but something fishy is going on.

I will post pictures of the new place should we move in...maybe I'll do a little juxtaposition with the current apartment for fun, it can be like one of those "Choose your own Adventures" books to see whether or not you choose the same adventure as we do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment