feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

What do you drive by on your way to work?

Tags: , ,


Alli gets to drive by the Castle of Ouchy on the way to work. It was started in the late 1100's, but burned and torn down in the 1600's. They decided to try again in the late 1800's. Surprisingly, there isn't a Starbucks in the main level. Surprisingly, there isn't a Starbucks anywhere (seriously, there's one or two in Geneva, and maybe one somewhere in Lausanne, but they are hard to find...weird!)

Interesting fact of the morning, a 2nd floor apartment is on the 3rd floor of the building (if you are from America anyway). Europeans start counting floors above ground level, with ground level being floor 0. Makes sense to me. Also, if anyone has the secret decoder ring to my car I would appreciate it...the manual is in German, as is the menu on the dash that tells me fun things such as "Bitte Tanken" or something like that. It seems important because there is a big yellow gas pump flashing underneath it. I've also noticed the dash slowly trickle down from 800km to 80km over the last week. I don't think it means I'm getting closer to something because I am never going to the same place yet the numbers keep getting smaller. Here's a picture of the car, it's a Skoda Octavia (it's basically a VW Jetta Wagon, only more Czech)

0 comments:

Post a Comment