feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

One Thing I am Truly Thankful for Having...

Tags: , ,

As weird as it may seem, the Swiss (and Europeans for that matter) lack an apparent appreciation for fine music.  And by fine I don't mean Bach, Mozart, or Brahms, as it is well documented that they support these individuals with a fervor unmatched except on Public Television in the United States (whose support is only interrupted by the need for your donations to help keep their wonderful programming on the air...hey, that's a good idea.  If you would like to see more of this blog, please consider making A Well Kept Man a part of your yearly giving.  Operators are standing by!).


Unfortunately (for Europe) they haven't really jumped on the country music bandwagon.  But in my mind this musical medium has done more to keep my sanity while I wade through the day-to-day of living here in Switzerland.  The timeless messages of driving tractors and watching my corn grow, going fishing only to have your woman leave you, and eating fried chicken have lifted my spirits on days when it seemed I would forever be stuck in a land of fondue and man-capris.  Country music also appears to be discernibly American, allowing me to express my love for my country without getting into arguments with Europeans about the faults of the US (Of which there are none, of course).  Without my iPod & country music mix CD from Christmas, as well as the countless others I have discovered on something called "iTunes," life here would be very different.  So thanks to those who helped to make me smile today.  And if you would like to help make me smile in the future, please keep those donations coming.  Remember, it takes readers like YOU to make all of this programming possible :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment