feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

What's Your Excuse?

Tags: ,

I realize that it isn't November yet, but I have voted (as has the wife, completely independently with no help from me whatsoever). We sent in our absentee ballots today, and we live in Switzerland. So for those of you out there who aren't sure if you are going to vote or not, you have no excuse. It doesn't quite feel right when I don't get to go into one of those little booths (I went in the bathroom and closed the door instead...and no I didn't multitask). I also am sad I don't get one of those sweet stickers that guilt everyone else into voting.

At least the ballot appeared to be legitimate, and there weren't any misspellings that I could find. I am also not feeling disenfranchised, even though my vote will probably sit in a pile somewhere and won't be included when CNN decides to call Minnesota. Maybe a few weeks after the election when my vote will officially be counted, I will feel validated. But in reality I feel proud to have the opportunity to vote from thousands of miles away from home (legally). Make sure you get out and vote as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment