feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Apparently Switzerland used to be Honalee

Tags: , , ,

Little Jackie Paper, all grown up

With apologies to Peter, Paul, and Mary, it appears that the beautiful land in which I live is not Switzerland, but rather Honalee. Confused? (I venture those over 40 are not, those between 30 - 40 might be, under 30 I hold no hope for you and your generation with your nimble fingers for texting, and your ipods, and your online social networking sites...)

You see, for the last several days it has been raining nonstop...except it can be more aptly described as mist. And for the better part of the last thirty days or so it has been Autumn. In case you haven't been following we live by a lake, but due to the incessant fog and mist you would think that the lake does not end on the opposite shore because you can't see the shore (sometimes we can see the mountain peaks but that's it...honest).

Perhaps I'm stretching things a bit as I have yet to see a dragon, let alone a magic one. At this point the rest of the metaphor falls apart, I just wanted to complain that autumn here is basically cold, foggy, and rainy/misty. I'd go biking except I fear for hypothermia and www.WebMD.com seems to indicate that this is a serious condition that I should avoid. Maybe I'll get on a train one of these days and go somewhere exciting like Baden Baden (it's German for "Bathe Bathe"...you know, like Paw Paw in Michigan...so nice, they named it twice!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment