feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I Need a Donut

Tags: , , ,

I've recently told Alli that ever since I've been here I've craved donuts. Which is odd because I don't get donuts that particularly often. In fact, I've been told they aren't good for me and have pretty much removed them from my diet altogether (except when I am in no danger of being found out). Anyway, I have struggled trying to figure out whether it is indeed the donut I crave, or is it something else. Segue to my daily grind...I spend a lot of time on the internet these days (this is kind of like saying the Nile is just a river in Egypt). One of my daily stops in pursuit of the end of the internet is a food blog called Serious Eats. It is very interesting and I encourage you to check it out.

For the foodies out there, Alton Brown is one of my heroes. He just is the perfect mix of mad scientist, my Uncle George (the kind of guy that rides motorcycles, plays with trains, drinks fine wines, talks to everyone like they've been friends for thirty years, and yet still seems to get to bed at a decent hour), and witty humorist (think Mark Twain mixed with Dave Barry). Anyway, Serious Eats has a two-minute video on their site today of an interview with Alton Brown. It was about donuts, so I had to check it out. At the end of the segment, I decided that I still need donuts (I imagine that will be one of my first purchases in America at Christmas time as they don't really have donuts here); however, there was something Alton said that struck me and gave me a moment of zen.

Link to article/video (Click here)

You'll have to watch the video to see what I mean, but I think most people will understand what I was thinking. If not, leave a comment and I'll enlighten you.

1 comments:
gravatar
Anne said...
November 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Mark!
Bill LOVES AB. I'm an addict to the Food Network and my fav is Ina. Feasting on asphalt always made us want to eat at a dive for some reason :)

Post a Comment