feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Favorite Road Sign from Germany

Tags: , , ,

What does it say about your country when you have a road sign like the one below?



I am concerned to say the least as I spotted this particular sign about a dozen times today while driving through some of Germany's smaller towns. Is the problem of speeding tanks that great that it requires a sign reminding tank drivers of the speed limit? I think I would have appreciated seeing just a sign with a large tank on it to let me know that I may encounter one, you know, just keep an eye open and to be safe (I can't tell you how many times I have heard about a 50-ton vehicle sneaking up on unsuspecting motorists and pedestrians).

In Switzerland, we have similar signs except in lieu of a tank is a cow (and the cow isn't speed limited). I am intrigued that the tanks appear to be as ubiquitous as trucks, at least that is what I assume the other graphic to be...although after staring at it, one could convince me it is for roller skaters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment