feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Don't Call it a Comeback...

Tags: , ,

Well, after almost two months back in the US, I have a lot to talk about. First, thanks to all of those who have suggested I make a more earnest effort to continue writing. I must say that I have missed this venue, and look forward to continuing to write as often as I am able. I am back at work (never even missed a beat), but I am missing a key person in the equation. My darling wife is now in Colorado, working for Medtronic in Louisville meaning I am here in the Cities all by my lonesome (with the dog of course). Our house went on the market about two weeks ago (www.4708-10thave.com) and while there was some early interest, that didn't really pan out (ask me about it over a beer sometime...


So I am here working, looking for a job in Colorado, and holding down the fort until it sells...not quite the life of luxury I left behind in Switzerland, but I'll take it. Today I am enjoying the world's largest caramel, pecan, cinnamon roll with extra frosting washed down with a large vanilla cappuccino (oh America, how I missed you!). I have some errands to run but mostly my days (since the house went on the market) have consisted of going to work and then sitting around with the dog enjoying American beer (strangely the dog isn't interested in the beer so much...her loss). I am currently working my way through the Rockies and Northwest, trying to see what awaits me in the Boulder/Denver area (early research is showing promise).

Later this summer I hope to have the house sold, utilizing the proceeds towards a new house in Colorado (or perhaps semi-retirement once again). Feel free to keep your eyes open for new posts, I can't promise the hilarity that you experienced with my European adventures, but surely I will be able to provide tales of fun and excitement, and if nothing else, pictures of the Rockies once I make it out there (we hope that we are able to build upon our momentum from Europe where people came to visit us...that is a not-so-subtle hint...we will be sure to have a big enough house for lots of visitors, so start planning your ski vacations and mountain adventures). Until then, go outside and have a lemonade (the bigger, the better)....

0 comments:

Post a Comment